Friday, April 04, 2008

Coming This Weekend... Spring Sports Schedules!

I'm finally getting my hands on spring sports schedules for the Jaguars track/baseball/fastpitch/golf teams. I received a baseball schedule over a week ago, and this weekend I'll begin putting schedules on here.

Next Monday the Jaguars Fastpitch team travels to Paynesville to face the Bulldogs. It is the first meeting of the teams in at least 3 years. I'm actually not sure how far back in the archives I'd have to go to see when we last played our neighbors to the east. Paynesville is the defending Sub-Section 5AA-20 champions. They had the best season in school history last spring, when they made the section final and narrowly missed out on a state berth. The game begins at 4:30 at the Paynesville Area High School athletic complex.

On Monday the Jaguars baseball team hosts Osakis in a non-conference game to begin the season. I have reports that the Regal diamond should be ready to go for that game, which would also begin at 4:30.

That same day, the Jaguars track and field teams are at Paynesville Area for their first outdoor meet of the season. I have heard that the junior high team will be going as well. The first two days of the week will be busy and let's hope for some warm weather.