Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's tough

Thinking about the Vos and Lieser families are going through is tough. It's just hellish to think about Coach Vos's two children growing up without him. It's almost too much to think about.

Feeling joy right now is usually followed by a little guilt. It's like you wish you could somehow transfer some of the happiness in your own life to theirs, in the midst of a time where they're dealing with unimaginable grief.

I keep thinking to next Tuesday, the first day of school after Coach Vos's funeral. And the playoff football game later that night. I guess however the B-B-E student body (and staff) got through Tuesday and Wednesday of this week...that's how they'll get through next Tuesday...and days to come.

I think it's pretty accurate to say that next week won't be much easier for us than this past week was.

Pray for everyone I mention here.

This current tragedy makes me think of the B-B-E students who died either while in school or soon after their graduation. A short list that I know off of the top of my head are: Sarah Paulson (died in 1990 when a drunk driver killed her in California); Angie Oeltjenbruns (1993); Adam Hanson and Aaron Theis (2001); Trista Monson (2006); Dustin Terhaar (2011). 

Correction from an earlier post: the Jaguars wrestling team returns 3 of 3 state qualifiers from the 2011-12 season. I have no idea why I said earlier that it was only 2 of 3...all three of them are on this year's football team (Patrick Rooney, Ross Rath, Tyler Tensen). Needless to say Tuesday and Wednesday were major "blurs"...both being days where I cranked out a great deal of material via newspapers and blogs.

I'll also be adding a new e-mail account address to each post for the time being. I have to re-update the B-B-E Booster Club advertisement (at right) that doesn't include my rarely-used Hotmail account.

saukheraldreporter@gmail.com

Labels: