Friday, February 08, 2013

Jaguar wrestlers on the road at Rockford tonight

Fresh off of a big win over Prairie Valley last night, the Jaguars wrestling team travels to Rockford Area tonight for the last Central Minnesota Conference dual of the season.

Last night in a CMC dual, Holdingford blasted Eden Valley-Watkins 59-15 to lock up a share of the conference title.

Also, this morning I had a very productive conversation with the person I made an off-the-cuff comment about yesterday. Truth be told, I had no business sticking my nose in it in the first place but it's not the first time I've done that. I do feel better about the situation, even though it is something we'll all want to move beyond. The fact that I feel better about it doesn't make it better, and it doesn't make things right. I, for one, am the last person to lecture anyone about their behavior in public. In the past I've been as emotional and explosive as anyone out there. I get fired up easily and probably wouldn't do all this work if I was wired differently. I have to live with that. No one likes confrontation or heated arguments. We talked about where protocol was broken.

In a small community like B-B-E, things happen that we wish wouldn't happen, and being a close-knit bunch it can affect us more than it would in a big city. That makes us better but it also makes life harder at times. It's sort of like...the bad thing about living in a small town is, everyone knows your business. The good thing is...everyone knows your business. (i.e. - your kid screws around up town, and it isn't long before you hear about it!)

Gotta love small towns.

saukheraldreporter@gmail.com

Labels: ,