Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Great families, great parents = great teams!!

Senior award-winners are shown above.

The Jaguars boys' basketball team, basking in the well-deserved glory of winning their second state championship in three years, held the post-season awards banquet at the Padua Pub tonight.

While it'll take days to digest all that was said and review all the video that I got, one thing stood out in my mind as I drove home. During his lengthy speech, Coach Montbriand made more than one reference to the players' parents who had a large role in what happened at B-B-E this month.

Other awards and notes will be posted later tonight on the C, JV and varsity squads, plus some great quotes that I'll share later on. I spent a little over 2 hours away from my family so I'm gonna put my computer to sleep for awhile.

Before I forget to re-post...here's information on how you can order limited-edition state championship apparel!!! Exciting!
http://bbejaguars.blogspot.com/2014/03/rambows-state-champion-store.html

If you've got some free time, feel free to take in part of tonight's banquet. Here's the beginning of Coach Montbriand's time talking to the crowd gathered.


And here's Coach Brower and Coach Goodwin talking:

It was a blast!! It's sad that such fun and excitement always has to come to an end somehow. We're so lucky and blessed the way things ended on that wonderful championship Saturday, March 15, 2014!

This is really exciting: this week Wednesday and Thursday, you can hear special interviews with members of this year's state championship team with D-Mac at Smooth Magic 107.1 FM. I missed out on announcing the lineup for Monday and Tuesday...sorry about that. These interviews begin airing around 4:15pm to coincide with the end of the school day.



Labels: , , ,