Monday, November 24, 2014

The students

Our B-B-E students are extremely upset right now. Every day I am learning that I have barely grazed the surface of it. As I have time (which I don't, but still...) I am going to gather stories from students on what the police liaison services have meant to them during their experiences in school. That's all about to go through big, huge changes as we turn the calendars to December.

This won't be easy, but it is important.

And by the way, I am absolutely furious about it. And as I get older I've learned it's best to not speak while angry. I've also learned from visits with clergy that seeking a heart of forgiveness should always be your goal. Speaking frankly, that will be a difficult goal to achieve any time soon.

Hope is on the horizon, though. It's just too soon to talk about it publicly. I had a very productive night on my end gathering important information, but the down side was missing the band concert which was a huge bummer. The logistics of driving to the high school tonight didn't work out.

Labels: