Wednesday, April 08, 2015

A thank you

As some of you may recall, I've had a frequent follower / visitor to this website in the past few months dating back to last November. This admirer, Mr. Nemmers, has taken it upon himself to follow me "very closely" on the Internet and sing his praises of the work I do.

I have to give a huge shout-out and thank you to Mr. Nemmers, as he has helped my business in many, many ways. I've been riding a wave of truly unprecedented levels of success (130+ new subscribers, a 15 percent increase) since January and see only the sky as the limit of what I can do in the realm of journalism in our little corner of the world that we call the Bonanza Valley. While this is not what you would call a "money-making" venture - having a little cash left over at the end of the month after all the bills have been paid has been a nice treat as a small town business owner who puts in a lot of blood, sweat and tears grinding out my work seven days a week. I will put in as many hours as is necessary being the watch dog for taxpayers while also shedding the spotlight on the wonderful events and happenings of our B-B-E area.

I have to admit, when weeks pass without me showing up on his radar, I am sad. Then, lo and behold, he fires off more praise and showers the world with more adoration of my work.

So, Mr. Nemmers, thank you! As the saying goes, "you are really good for business!"

On another note: parents, please have regular conversations with your children about who they interact with and what they post on the Internet. This goes for adults too (young adults....college-age adults...) You seriously have no idea who you'll catch the attention of when you're interacting and commenting and conducting business on the Internet. Stay safe.

Labels: