Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Good news

In recent conversations with B-B-E Jaguars head baseball coach Pat Illies, I learned that turnout has increased for the junior high baseball Jaguars. As you will read in this week's Bonanza Valley Voice, at Monday night's school board meeting it was reported that the 7th and 8th grade teams were currently struggling with low turnout. (They opened practice on Tuesday.)

Coach Illies said that with some great success at recent recruiting, turnout in those grades is now up to 23 players. That will be a comfortable amount to field two teams, but of course, they will gladly take more players.

The season opener for the Jaguars is Thursday, April 7 against Upsala/Swanville Area. It is also the home opener, and the game is scheduled to be played at Saints Field in Elrosa. It would be the earliest high school baseball opener on record at Saints Field.

After reviewing all the varsity spring schedules, I determined the earliest dates that I'll be able to see each team in action:

  • Boys' golf - April 15th at Minnewaska 
  • Girls' golf - April 29th at Little Crow (NL-S)
  • Baseball - April 7th at home
  • Track and field - April 7th at Melrose 
  • Fastpitch - April 12th at home
I hope to get spring schedules for all varsity teams printed in my April 7th issue of the Bonanza Valley Voice...although there's a small chance I might get them printed in next week's paper. It all depends on what level of crazy the next few days brings my way. Generally speaking, there's plenty of crazy sent my way while I navigate through a brutally hectic schedule.

Labels: ,