Friday, October 28, 2016

Step I: a humbling defeat

I really believed they were legitimate state contenders. Tonight was "Step I" of what was supposed to be a deep and enjoyable playoff run. Oh, how wrong I was.

The B-B-E Jaguars volleyball team went down in a humbling defeat via sweep tonight to a very talented team, over half of which spend a big chunk of their summer in one of Minnesota's best small-school marching bands. Talk about well-rounded student-athletes. I left impressed.

Bravo, Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg Fighting Saints!! I would dare say that Section 5A is wide open at this point.

And speaking of their marching band, tonight I learned that no fewer than eight of their 14 varsity volleyball players are in their school's award-winning marching band.

On another note...be sure to get B-B-E-s musical dates on your calendar! I wrote about that on page four of this week's Bonanza Valley Voice: Friday and Saturday, Nov. 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 20, at 2 p.m.


Labels: