Sunday, March 05, 2017

Experiencing loss

Jaguar Country has been hit by a tragic, devastating and unexpected loss of life this weekend. A member of the B-B-E Class of 2019 has been taken from us. Many of us are still in shock and are having trouble comprehending what unfolded on Friday night and Saturday morning.

Even though it has been broadcast far and wide across social media, I am not ready to jump in. I just received the Stearns County sheriff's report on the one-vehicle accident. Too much is swirling in my head for me to even pretend that I know what to say.

The kids are grieving through differing formats of social media. I hope they take time to put their phones down, look at one another, hug one another and spend time with one another actually talking to each other, face-to-face, without the endless distractions of their devices.

That's all for now. This definitely is NOT REAL. IT'S A BAD DREAM.

Labels: