Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Job opening at B-B-E

The B-B-E school district has a job opening at the top of the administrative team.

The February 21 issue of the Paynesville Press reports that the Paynesville school district has hired Matt Bullard to be their next superintendent.

Bullard will replace Bob Huot, who will retire at the end of this school year. Bullard was hired at B-B-E as high school principal in 2006. In 2008, the job title of superintendent was added to his work load.

By the end of the week I hope to get some initial research done on what "comes next" for our school district. I've never been through this with a front-row seat. Shortly after I resigned at the Sauk Centre Herald, they went down the road of replacing long-time superintendent Dan Brooks; I missed out on that whole process. I do know that depending on how much time they have to fill the position, some school districts hire an interim superintendent for a period of time up to one year while they do a more exhaustive, thorough search for a stable hire.

While I initially feel nervous about it, and even sad about losing Mr. Bullard, I think we should pick our heads up and be excited about what comes next. We get to sell our school district to any number of potential superintendent candidates who apply here!!  I don't know how much "public input" is done, or if members of the public join any kind of committee...too many questions right now. I need to ask around and see what we've done in the past and find out what the correct, established process is that other schools use.

Needless to say, this position is a big deal to B-B-E!!!!

And I forgot to post this last night...in Kimball, the B-B-E Jaguars girls' basketball team won 50-40 to improve to 19-6 overall. They head to Holdingford this Friday to wrap up the regular season.

Labels: