Monday, September 27, 2021

Homecoming week is upon us (UPDATED - VIDEO)

Here's a throwback! This is a low-quality photo of the Homecoming Queen and King (Becca Gruber and Austin Kollman) way, way back in the fall of 2013. Eight years ago! They were Class of 2014 graduates. Also seated are the crown bearers Marissa French and Louie Tensen...just first graders back then.

The 33rd annual B-B-E Homecoming week is underway. The coronation program was held tonight at Olson Auditorium, B-B-E high school. The program was terrific. Kudos to the student council and everyone who had a hand in organizing it!

**Click here to watch the Bonanza Valley Voice coronation video = https://bit.ly/2XYOqg7. This was posted on Tuesday afternoon.

Will VanBeck and Paige Rupp are the B-B-E Homecoming King and Queen. I've got video, but I won't be able to get that posted until the morning. It has been a long and mentally exhausting day. Remember: you can always catch up on what is coming for area events at the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper's website community calendar: https://www.bonanzavalleyvoice.com/page/bonanza-valley-community-calendar/102.html.

A final note: please pray for the safety of our B-B-E student body and their families this week. Pray for our kids' mental, physical and spiritual well being. I have frayed nerves already and it's just day one of Homecoming week. I won't get much sleep until at least next Saturday night.

Precious Lord, he who dwells in the shelter of You – the Most High – shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Lord, I pray that You are my child’s refuge and fortress, the God in whom they can and should put their trust! I pray that no evil shall be allowed to befall on my child, no plague will come near his/her tent. I rejoice for You have commanded Your angels concerning my child to guard him/her in all of his/her ways. Amen.
Psalm 91:1-2, 10-12

Labels: