Friday, May 20, 2022

Two baseball wins, boys' golf third at Island Pine (VIDEOS)


First of all, this has been a very tough week. For a variety of reasons. Just a tough week that has completely kicked my butt. This week kicking my butt was on full display in the May 19 issue of the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper, which had a very light sports section and had none of my city council stories that I really, really needed to publish. This sports blog essentially went dormant right as multiple varsity teams got super, super busy this week. On top of all that, I had another bomb dropped on me tonight that blew my day apart. But I'm working through it and trying to deal with difficult people who have put me in a difficult position. You all know how I am - I don't care what anyone thinks about me. I have no problem whatsoever walking in a room and having everyone turn their head because they can't stand me. I have no problem making people feel uncomfortable. I never lose sleep over it. I've done it my whole life, and I sure as hell won't stop now. My family moved to B-B-E for the MAIN REASON of getting away from the ever-so-disgusting "clique" mentality. If I see it happening here, I will call it out very loudly and very clearly. Just watch me.

End rant.

The B-B-E Jaguars baseball team won 5-3 at Parkers Prairie on Thursday night this week to pick up a big Section 6A win. The Jaguars collected 12 hits compared to five by the Panthers. Ashton Dingmann was the winning pitcher, and he went the distance with five strikeouts and just two walks.

B-B-E followed that win with a 12-2, five-inning win tonight over Long Prairie-Grey Eagle in Elrosa to improve to 10-9 overall. 

I just got boys' golf results from today in Atwater. I'll get more posted later tonight.

Update: the B-B-E Jaguars boys' golf team took third place today at Island Pine golf course in rural Atwater. Paynesville Area shot a 169 to take first place, while Central Minnesota Conference front-runner Osakis shot a 171. B-B-E fired a 174, and A-C-GC had a 189. Kimball Area/Eden Valley-Watkins placed fifth with a 197.

The Jaguars are excited to host the sixth CMC meet of the season on Monday morning at Prairie View Golf Course in Brooten. They tee off at 9 a.m.

In their final game of the regular season today, the B-B-E Jaguars fastpitch team had a very tough second inning that spelled doom and led to an 11-1, five-inning loss to Upsala. The Cardinals scored seven runs in the top of the second after the teams played to a 1-1 tie in the first. Following the game (on the home diamond), the team, coaches and parents gathered in the school cafeteria for a potluck supper and took a moment to honor the two seniors, Kailey Fischer and Kylie Winter. They have played a tremendous amount of fastpitch softball in their careers. They're not done either! Playoffs start on Tuesday. I'll get information posted on that in a new blog post.

Here's a fastpitch video clip that features Kylie Winter batting against Benson in the bottom of the sixth inning on April 22 against Benson:


Here's a video clip recorded near the end of game two on May 2 against A-C-GC:


*Here's a short video from the end of the Browerville baseball win one week ago tonight:


More to come in the morning.





Labels: , ,