Thursday, December 22, 2022

Another Box Score Sports installment! (And Wrestling and more)


It's Thursday night now and I'm doing a little catch up in the blogging world. We have had a 1-2-3 punch of Minnesota winter this week, and it continued today with bitter cold and blowing snow all across Jaguar Country. Below is what I'll call a very "busy" blog post that hits multiple topics.

Here's the latest installment of Box Score Sports from B-B-E's broadcasting studio in the high school:


I have to give a huge shout out to Mr. Goodwin! He was a terrific teacher, coach and mentor for my oldest stepson, who graduated in 2019. B-B-E is so fortunate to have him on staff and in our community!

*Just for fun...here's a clip from halftime of the girls' basketball team's season opener:


You just can't beat any song from the late, great John Denver!!!

*Here's Brady Schwinghammer in his second interview of the boys' basketball season:


The boys' basketball team's season opener seems SO long ago by now...it was back on December 6. Brady's team has just two games on their record to this point. We have had a tough December in terms of getting games in.

*Here's a wrestling clip from Tuesday with Hunter Laage at 160:


The video begins with junior Maximus Hanson wrestling against Kimball Area at 170 pounds. Then by the 7-minute mark or so, sophomore Carson Gilbert takes the mat to compete at 182 pounds. I posted the wrong clip there. The correct one is uploading and will be added here on Friday morning. It's about 15 minutes long.

I want to point out again that I forgot to add my boys' basketball story to the newspaper this week. I had it written up, too! Dang it! What ended up happening is that the "Ramblings I" column went very, very long and ended up on page 13. It was on that part of page 13 where I likely could have added the basketball story. That's how it goes when I have 48 different projects all going at the same time. (No lie.) Tonight I will FINALLY get a video interview of Brady Schwinghammer posted here (after 9 p.m.)...he was briefly mentioned in one of my two publisher's columns...I honestly forgot which one he is in!

Revelation: how about this fun fact! B-B-E's Class of 2023 students were in fourth grade when I bought the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper. I've had a very front row seat to their families raising them since they were in fourth grade. This fact blew my mind tonight when I stumbled onto some very special videos that I recorded just a little over 8 years ago...back on December 17, 2014. Click over to The Voice website at the following link to see what I am talking about: https://bit.ly/3vcuT9r.


And let's just blow your mind right out of the water here!! It didn't take too long to uncover this video from the Global Play Day at B-B-E elementary on February 3, 2016. Absolutely crazy! It was uploaded the next day, but it has never been posted until now...so it's got zero views as I type this. The video begins with a glimpse at what a large number of the fifth graders were doing at the elementary school...YES, they are the Class of 2023.

GLOBAL PLAY DAY 2016 at B-B-E elementary:


THat's all for tonight. Friday is not that far away.



Labels: , ,