Monday, March 25, 2024

Heart attack snow!


The Bonanza Valley area got a full dose of "heart attack" snow on Sunday night and Monday. I don't have much of an idea of what fell altogether in the last 24 hours, but it was wet and heavy. This is the type of snow that you shovel for 5 minutes, and then you need to take at least a 5 minute break. I walked to and from the office at least 5 times today, and a sixth trip to downtown Brooten by foot was for tonight's city council meeting.

This was a rare day where our vehicles never left the garage! For that, I am grateful. As of now anyway, it appears that "Snowmageddon" has been a bust locally. I don't think we've surpassed 10 inches of snowfall in this current stretch.

At B-B-E schools, the Jaguar Kids Connection closed at 2:30 p.m. today due to the road conditions. Tonight, Superintendent Walsh announced that they will have a 2-hour late start tomorrow, Tuesday, March 28. That's where things stand right now.

Important Tuesday morning updates:
at around 7 a.m. today, B-B-E schools announced that today will become an e-Learning day with remote school taking place. The rural roadways have very poor visibility right now, and even where they've been plowed, the wind is blowing some roads shut. Travel safely today! Be SMART!

At The Voice, I expect to be in and out of the office all day. I don't expect to have the office open continuously during regular business hours (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.), but I will forward the office number to my cell phone in order to be reached quickly that way: 320-346-2400. This is going to be another rough looking newspaper, but I have every expectation to restore it to the normal 12-page layout. Fingers crossed!!



Labels: , ,