Monday, September 16, 2024

Volleyball earns title at Crosby (VIDEO)


A strong performance throughout the day on Saturday at Crosby-Ironton high school propelled the B-B-E Jaguars volleyball team to earn the Barb Neprud Invitational title with a 5-0 record. After sweeping three pool play opponents, the Jaguars defeated Ada-Borup West in the championship semifinals in straight sets before doing the same against Swanville in the finals.

The Jaguars beat Class 4A White Bear Lake 25-18, 25-13 to open pool play. The Jaguars then won handily against Pillager 25-16, 25-9 and then winless Deer River 25-8, 25-8. In the semifinals, the Jaguars beat Ada-Borup West 25-18, 25-16. In the championship, the Jaguars beat Swanville 25-17, 25-11. The Bulldogs, a contender in the Prairie Conference this year after taking second place last year, hold a 9-1 record. Across all five matches, the Jaguars had a robust 29.8 percent hitting efficiency plus a whopping 47 ace serves on 90.6 percent serving.

Now 15-2 overall, the Jaguars travel to Brandon-Evansville high school (in Brandon) tomorrow (Tuesday) for a non-conference match.

There is so much going on now! It is crazy! All good! The football team has climbed higher in the Top 10 state rankings...I haven't really caught up to that yet. We also have Homecoming on the horizon.

I've gotten somewhat caught up on uploading to the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper's SmugMug online photo galleries...here's the direct link to see the 2024 "news" related folder: https://bonanzavalley.smugmug.com/2024-B-B-EBonanza-Valley-area-events.

**Here's a short video I recorded while seniors (Class of 2025) were gathering for a group photo last Thursday after the Kimball win:


I'll get a new blog post added on Tuesday night featuring girls' tennis. They lost to Yellow Medicine East tonight in a home match.

And now the bad news that I have to get off of my chest...I got a little sidetracked tonight after learning of parents who are complaining via social media about the upcoming B-B-E Color Run event. Good Lord! I can't even begin. This negativity is exhausting. It exhausts me. It takes me away from my other activities, because I have to spend time studying the complaints and determining the full host of ways they are wrong. When people share wrong and incorrect information on social media, it takes away from EVERYTHING I do at the Bonanza Valley Voice. It is time consuming, and I hate it. I also deeply resent that I compete against media/tech conglomerates like Google and Facebook who monetize and sell YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION as a revenue source. Meanwhile, my ethics are too high to do such a thing, as are the ethics of every other small town newspaper publisher is across America. We not only have to worry about keeping our small businesses going, but we also have to counteract the wrong and misleading information that some people in the community spread via social media.

With that said, I am writing my thoughts about the Color FUND Run = ALL POSITIVE! And they will appear in the September 19 issue of the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper. In the end, I understand we have people here in Jaguar Country who are not unlike people in every other corner of America who just love to make others miserable. They have miserable lives, and therefore, they are jealous when others find happiness, meaning and success. I don't know what we do with such people. For now, I will simply re-butt them.



Labels: ,