Kickoff time has changed for tonight *UPDATES!
School officials at New York Mills and B-B-E have agreed to move up the kickoff for tonight's football season opener. The game will start in New York Mills at 6 p.m. due to the threat of inclement weather later in the evening.
It's a perfectly reasonable adjustment, although it will bring more stress on the roster-thin B-B-E Jaguars football team. The weather is very warm today. The breeze helps, but holding the entire game before sunset will bring an extra layer of burden for B-B-E's endurance. I'm still weighing my options. I have to sell tomatoes (and more) at the Brooten Farmers Market. I planned to be there from 4 to 5:20 p.m., but now that plan is out the window. I could hold to my schedule and miss the first half of the game. It's an 80-mile drive from Brooten.
**Update: I will get game updates posted here after 6 p.m.
Meanwhile...here's another video from Tuesday night in New London:
That video was recorded during game three of the 3-2 loss.
GAME UPDATES from New York Mills:
After the first quarter, the Jaguars are ahead 19-0. Their defense has been playing tremendously well! The Jaguars scored on just a 15-yard field on their first possession of the game after holding the Eagles on their first series. On the third touchdown, sophomore Mauricio Hernandez-Valdiviezo kicked a successful PAT for a 19-0 lead.
Currently...the Eagles are threatening, and they have first down on B-B-E's 21-yard line. There's about 3 minutes left in the first half. UPDATE! It's a turnover on downs! With 1:46 left, the Jaguars take over on about their own 25-yard line.
With 1:09 left, Coach Moscho called his second timeout of the first half. The Jaguars have 2nd-and-10 on their own 38-yard line.
Halftime started at 7:12 p.m. At the half, B-B-E holds a 19-0 lead. The second quarter had no scoring.
THIRD quarter updates:
With 6:09 left in the third quarter, the Jaguars took a 25-0 lead when Kaden Kollman caught a 5-yard touchdown pass from Aiden Mueller. The PAT kick was unsuccessful.
The livestream on Hudl has tremendous levels of "Buffering" that I did not experience in the first half. The third quarter is not working out for the broadcast. It keeps freezing up with 6 minutes left in the third quarter.
In the third quarter, with 4:38 left, Noah DeRoo grabbed an interception and returned it to the 50-yard line. GO JAGS!
More to come in a NEW blog post, including the final score. Hit refresh!
I don't know where things stand right now, but I saw that the 4th quarter was cut in half. Yes, that's right. The fourth quarter was played out with a 6-minute clock after a mid-field conference was held between the head coaches and referees. It was announced on the NYM football field loudspeakers that threatening weather was approaching that area.




<< Home