Monday, December 18, 2023

Winter music concert! Preparing for Christmas - The Voice winter sports show No. 2 (VIDEOS)


Our family camper is officially closed up for the winter. It had an extended use as an outdoor office well past fall and into December. Temperatures got into the mid-40s last Thursday, and I saw rain coming the next day - and it rained all day! A great rain for the land and waterways. I hoped to get a sports show or two recorded out in the camper in the past two weeks, but last Thursday as the sun was setting - it got cleaned out and buttoned up until next spring. My winter sports shows should mostly be recorded exclusively in the regular Bonanza Valley Voice winter recording studio!

And my theme song this winter is Run All Night by the Goo Goo Dolls. I love that song. It fits! It has a great melody, and I love the piano playing across the entire song. It's beautiful!

This fall and now this winter, I've been recording all my sports shows totally "on the fly" with no pre-written script. I carefully wrote out a basic outline and/or script to most of my sports shows in the fall of 2022 and last winter. So far this has been working out well. Sometimes it gets clunky, and often I repeat myself. But I am just going with it!

Hot off the video camera! Here's my Winter Sports Show No. 2:


I missed a few things I wanted to touch on in the sports show, including a shout out for the B-B-E 8th grade boys' basketball team who won the Central Minnesota Conference tournament on Saturday in Royalton. They have just 6 players, but they are very, very good. That is a group of players who will be fun to watch across the next four years! For their part, the B-B-E 7th grade boys' basketball team fared well and took 4th place. They have just 7 players, and I heard that four of them are very new to basketball. It is incredibly brave and admirable for a student to jump into a sport when he or she is in middle school. It takes tremendous courage to do that, especially a complicated sport like basketball. Kudos to all of our student athletes at B-B-E - the seasoned ones and our newer ones!!

Before the concert, my family enjoyed supper at The Spot for Drinks and Dining in downtown Belgrade. Their food is really quite tremendous!! Look for a brief mention of that bar/restaurant in this week's newspaper.

More to come. Concert video is uploading.

AND! Here's some concert video...this features the 7th grade choir tonight at Olson Auditorium:


It's time to get back to sports writing.



Labels: , ,