Friday, November 22, 2013

Upsala starts 0-1!

Sauk Centre beat Upsala 91 to 88 tonight! The Mainstreeters are looking at having a pretty solid year, but the Cardinals want to settle on nothing less than another run at a state championship next March. This puts quite a chink in their armor; they had a five-point lead at halftime. Leading Upsala scorers tonight were Christian Pekarek (27), Dylan Zimmerman (24) and Jeremy Halverson (23).

I was stunned when I saw the text message...still watching Act II of Tarzan tonight when I heard the news.

I knew Sauk Centre was going to have a pretty good team this year (not sure about getting 21 wins like they got last year)...but I never saw this coming.

Area boys' basketball scores on November 22:
Montevideo 58, MACCRAY 43
Benson 53, LQPV 43
ACGC 91, KMS 31
Paynesville 66, Minnewaska 47

Labels: