Thursday, February 13, 2014

I am SHOCKED

I am simply mortified, shocked, filled with horror, that schools in this area have school workers who have tossed a kid's hot lunch in the garbage because their lunch balance was low.

I tend to think of myself as a person of many words. I am without words on this one. I simply can't understand it.

By many estimates, humans waste around 40% of our food in the world. And throwing away a hot lunch in schools helps?

At B-B-E, a school office worker I spoke with said they always work something out with parents and would never deny a kid a hot lunch. 

Mark my word: I would be the first person of hopefully many who would walk into the school and physically toss a school worker out on the street if they dared toss a kid's food in the garbage. It would be ugly.

See why I am stunned about this issue at the West Central Tribune Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/westcentraltribune

Labels: