Thursday, July 10, 2014

A dangerous green Ford Ranger pickup

This morning at approximately 10:00am a Ford Ranger 4×2 truck drove through the intersection at Highway 55 and main street in Brooten while my wife and youngest daughter were walking north across 55 in the crosswalk. At the time, east and west-bound semis were stopped on both sides of the intersection.

The Ranger was pointed south towards 55 and made a left towards Belgrade. For the LIFE of me I can't figure out how he thought that because both semis on 55 were stopped at the intersection that somehow he had the right to pull out off of County Road 18/main street.

His front bumper grazed my wife's leg. She doesn't recall if it was a regular cab or extended cab but it rode low enough that we're confident it was a 2 wheel drive model.

Beware! If I see such a truck I'll definitely be quizzing the driver. I'm guessing he's a local guy. Idiots that stupid do not deserve to have driving privileges.

Unfortunately I don't have more details than that. While what he did was illegal, I don't see enough details there to get us a conviction.