Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bus stop-arm violations

While I do not have more information than what I am typing here, and even if I did I couldn't share much more, I learned that at least one very recent bus stop-arm violation is being investigated by local police involving a B-B-E school bus. The driver was a high school student, although I have not heard what school this student attends. I am very thankful that we are not talking about a child being killed by an inattentive driver. It could have been MUCH worse! Hallelujah!

On a related note, members of the local police / county / state patrol law enforcement will be cracking down hard on texting-while-driving. They will especially be watching teenage drivers in this area. Of course, it's illegal for anyone of any age to text-while-drive or drive without their full attention on the roadway.

For kids who break this law, it will get ugly. You've been warned. Please pass the word.

And while I'm in the sharing mood, check out this article in the Sauk Centre Herald. Seat belts and car seats work!!!
http://www.saukherald.com/articles/2015/03/25/county-sheriff-mom-toddler-involved-car-accident-near-paynesville

Labels: ,