Friday, March 29, 2019

Busy Saturday coming!

A busy day is taking place tomorrow! Quite the day! There's a consignment auction in Sunburg, a customer appreciation open house/party at the Ka-De Shack in Brooten, plus a chili cook-off contest by the B-B-E Area Jaycees at the Belgrade V.F.W.

And! Last but not least, the local band Wasted Time will play at Rooney's Bar from 8 p.m. to midnight in Sedan.

Read more in this week's Bonanza Valley Voice.

In the March 7 issue, now quite old news, the Goat Ridge Brewing Co.'s March entertainment schedule was published. I'll post a recap of that tonight.

  • I've got a column that I'm putting together based on thoughts I've had after reading this archived article at the West Central Tribune (short link) https://bit.ly/2YzurRc.

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, in a former life of mine, I was well-acquainted with the business community of Granite Falls and Montevideo. I remember visiting with an insurance agent from Montevideo who knew the whole story behind the crash and fire that killed Mackenzie Overlander, who was a senior at Dawson-Boyd high school at the time of her death. The story was truly horrific. I was haunted by what I learned.

Stories like that stop you cold in your tracks and cut you to pieces!


Labels: ,