Monday, April 15, 2019

Tuesday track meet

The B-B-E Jaguars track and field team could get a home meet in on Tuesday this week. We won't know what the school decides until later in the day today. Once I hear that, I will get the information posted. The meet would begin at 4 p.m.

*Update on Monday night: the April 16 home meet has been cancelled. I do not see it being re-scheduled.

Another scheduling update: it appears that the baseball team's Central Minnesota Conference game at Paynesville has been postponed to May 7, when it will be a doubleheader.


On another note...
Every time I write about a senior for the Bonanza Valley Voice, I am amazed and truly taken aback on how the world has changed in the last 50 to 100 years. I can't even put my finger on what I think about those changes. For the most part, it's both sad and scary.

In one story I've had, two children were punished because they took two eggs out of the chicken coop and used in their ingredients for "mud pies" - needless to say, the dad was not happy about that. Two eggs were very valuable to the family. Eggs were used in town for bartering for basic staples such as sugar or flour.

Today, I'm afraid we are losing touch with the value of money. We don't see it as a sign of hard work like we used to in America.

Wrap all that around your head...

Labels: ,