Thursday, September 30, 2021

B-B-E zip codes post a 14 (again)

I had to double-check the dates on the reports that I looked at today, but after triple-checking the data, we see that the Belgrade, Brooten and Elrosa zip codes have posted the number 14 for the second straight week. Just as crazy: the numbers were identical across the three zip codes from the September 16 report and September 23 report =

Belgrade 56312: 8 new cases

Brooten 56316: 4 new cases

Elrosa 56325: 2 new cases

What can we take from that? Well, don't ask me that if you want an expert answer. Because my view is that there are no signs that COVID-19 is rapidly spreading across our local communities. The numbers I'm seeing just don't bear that out. I'm sure that statement rubs people the wrong way (the doom and gloom crowd). And as I've said before: this all does not mean that COVID-19 is not a threat. Don't put words in my mouth.

It's worth pointing out that at MACCRAY, where they've been fully open with masking optional in the K-12 buildings since the first day of school on August 17, the Clara City zip code posted just 2 new COVID-19 cases in the last week. Maynard posted a zero, and Raymond posted a 13. They are close to having seven weeks of the school year completed!! Last week's number in the Raymond zip code was 8, so maybe that's what the doom and gloom crowd calls a surge? (13 new compared to 8 new a week ago)

Time to get to the grill out at B-B-E high school!!!

Labels: