Monday, November 15, 2021

State Football: running the numbers (VIDEO)


I'm running the numbers for the first and second halves of the state football game last Friday night. I'll be updating this blog post as I get more figures figured.

For the record: in the first half of the game, the B-B-E Jaguars football team limited No. 3-ranked Rushford-Peterson to 105 net yards of offense and the lone touchdown to trail 6-0 at halftime. The Trojans had possession for 12 minutes and 58 seconds in the first half. The B-B-E Jaguars earned a total of 58 net yards in the first half with a time of possession of 10 minutes, 32 seconds. I did not account for the few seconds the Trojans had the ball in the closing minute after they earned an interception deep in their territory. They took a knee to close out the final seconds and go into halftime with the one-score lead.

In the second half, the Jaguars gained a total of 147 yards of offense and scored their lone touchdown of the game in the third quarter. At that point, the Jaguars had tied up the game at 6-6. It was an exciting stretch until the Trojans responded with two touchdowns before the third quarter ended. For the second half, B-B-E had a time of possession of approximately 12 minutes, 33 seconds.

For Rushford-Peterson in the second half, I have them for just 101 net yards of offense. They had one scoring drive covering 74 yards, but in another drive, they lost a net 14 yards from scrimmage. If you add up my totals, that gets Rushford-Peterson to 206 net yards of offense compared to 205 yards for the B-B-E Jaguars. For rushing, the Jaguars gained 90 yards on the ground according to my stats.

For quarterback Luke Dingmann, my initial run through my numbers show him at 14-for-30 passing marks with 124 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. He finished his sophomore year at B-B-E with over 1,400 yards of passing.

Here's a video from pre-game action last Friday night at Crown College:


I'm now getting past 10 hours of time put into writing the football story from the state quarterfinals. And I've got a ways to go.



Labels: