Saturday, November 19, 2022

Act II tonight blew me away !! (VIDEOS)


Because of our Miss Brooten royalty commmitment with the Willmar Christmas lighted parade tonight, I missed Act I of the second showing of the B-B-E fall musical Anastasia at Olson Auditorium. The timing worked out great to arrive at the high school tonight with just enough time to set up my cameras for Act II. And WOW it was worth it. Tonight's performance was a home run and then some! Act II pulls at you in many ways, giving you emotional highs and lows. The story line pins your ears back.

Musical photo count: from Acts I and II on opening night plus Act II tonight, I have 495 photos. Uffda!

***Here's a video clip from Act II tonight...this is just a small part of this scene, and it was outstanding!


The ballet dancer is Hannah Hirman, a B-B-E sophomore who was also a starter on this fall's B-B-E Jaguars girls' tennis team. The musical cast includes three of the 10 starters on our tennis team.

This is a video clip from late in Act II on opening night:


That four-minute clip features many of the lead characters. The storyline was beginning to wrap up in that scene called "Hotel Rooms" with the song Once Upon a December (reprise). In Saturday night's musical performance, the leads were at their best. Act II popped! I'll be working on a highlight reel after church on Sunday morning.

*Here's a clip from the fans meeting the cast and crew after Friday night's performance:


More to come in a new blog post, where I'll get a highlight reel posted from tonight's Act II performance.



Labels: ,