Friday, January 05, 2024

Boys' hoops defeat Kimball


In a Central Minnesota Conference game last night (Thursday) to resume action in the new year, the B-B-E Jaguars boys' basketball team defeated the Kimball Area Cubs 77-56 to improve to 4-4 overall. Led by junior Hayden Sobiech's career-high 27 points, the Jaguars had four players in double figures while outrebounding the Cubs by a 38-16 margin.

Next: the Jaguars host Upsala tonight (Friday) in a non-conference game. In the December 20 Minnesota Basketball News polls, the Cardinals were ranked No. 17 in Class 1A. They are a member of Section 5A in the playoffs and a former playoff rival of the Jaguars, who have played in Section 6A for the past two years. Upsala is currently the top-ranked team by QRF in Sub-Section 5A-East and have a scoring average of 67.4 points per game.

Central Minnesota Conference boys' basketball scores on January 4:
Paynesville Area 65, Holdingford 40
Eden Valley-Watkins 58, Royalton 35 (Eagles have won 8 straight games)
Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City 87, Maple Lake 53

In other news...
The Post Office system is currently breaking my back. Delivery issues with the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper have gotten out of control. Each week, properly addressed newspapers that I paid to mail to subscribers are sent back to me, and I have to pay for each one that is returned (currently I pay 78 cents each time that happens). The expense is one thing, but the extra work it causes has beaten me up. It is extra work that I do not have time for. This is an issue that's blown up in my face across the past 3 to 4 months. It has progressively gotten worse and worse, and I don't have an answer for it.

I know people want to read my newspaper in a timely fashion. I hope once I get it online that it will relieve some of that pressure. This will give all subscribers the option to read the complete newspaper online while also getting the hard copy in the mail.



Labels: ,