Friday, July 26, 2024

Two fairs indeed overlap!


Good grief! I did not realize it, as often I do things at a 100-mph clip, that the Pope County Fair and Stearns County Fair completely overlap one another next week. An eagle-eyed reader of my newspaper asked me about this early Friday morning, and I was basically flat-footed when thinking about it. This is how crazy the month has been. I never got around to actually looking up any information on the Stearns County Fair...I added the full fair schedule for Stearns County in this week's Bonanza Valley Voice and didn't have to lay an eye on it, as it was loaned graciously to me by the Sauk Centre Herald newspaper in what newspaper's call a "camera ready" format. This is a huge, huge thing in the newspaper world, as it means you essentially have no extra work to get it ready for press. You do a "click, click, click" of the mouse and bam!...it's ready for press.

I need to cut this post short and get out in the garden. I'd say within the last 24 hours, the family garden has gone to a moisture deficit and now will need consistent watering until our next rainfall from Mother Nature.

Friday night updates...
In addition to coaching a 3-on-3 team at Kerkhoven Town and Country Days on Saturday, part of this weekend will be dominated by the monumental task of uploading nearly 1,400 Bonanza Valley Days photos from two weeks ago. I got the kick-off event photos uploaded from the BVD Worship in the Park on Thursday, July 11. You can see that album by clicking here: https://shorturl.at/p8tyj.

I have added more summer sports albums to the Bonanza Valley Voice SmugMug online gallery. One just added is also from July 11, when the B-B-E Jaguars fastpitch team hosted Upsala to conclude their regular 17-U season. This is the link to use to find that album: https://shorturl.at/2suJ7. At the tail end of that album are pictures featuring Coach Funk getting doused by the water cooler by two players.



Labels: , , , ,