Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Renville County West voters Turn Down Building Levy by 2-to-1 Margin, 1325 to 618

By an overwhelming margin, the taxpayers/voters of Renville County West voted down a building bond levy by a 1325 to 618 margin. That's what's called "shock and awe" in my mind. I'd be a little numb if I was in charge at that school district.

What do you suppose construction costs will be doing year-to-year from now until... forever?

To be fair, this is once again another sign of the times. I sure hope it will not be a hard decision as to who to vote for this November.

What happened today at RCW should show the residents of our school district that we must be thankful for what the voters/taxpayers did in the early 1990s, in the November 1992 election to be exact. That was when the building bond was passed to create the two facilities we use today. I'm almost certain (I'm almost always certain on anything I say, right?)... that we only have four years left to pay off the bonds for our school buildings. We just added a $2 million bond for roof repairs, but I think the state will pick up part of that tab.