Saturday, February 22, 2014

Jaguar wrestlers battling in sections

Josey Tensen and Ben Feuerhake both earned spots in their championship matches today to lead a host of Jaguar wrestling team members who are having great showings at the Section 5A individual tournament in Kimball.

Very cool!

*Update: Ben Feuerhake is in! He locked up a state berth with his semifinal win. Josey will wrestle in a true-second match for a shot at his 2nd straight state trip.

Here's Ben Feuerhake in his championship match. He made a nice move on his opponent, but his opponent answered the move and ultimately got a pin. It shows just how close "winning" and "losing" can be in wrestling. Ben should be extremely proud of what he accomplished today.


*Update: Josey lost in his true second match to finish in third place. A tough ending for his junior season.

I've got a couple great contacts in Kimball at the section tournament, and I'm hugely thankful for that. I had to drive up to Alexandria for the Section 5A swimming and diving meet...work requirements...although am very upset at myself for not getting to Kimball today. I was looking forward to spending the entire day in Kimball earlier this season for the 2nd day of sections and never imagined the weather would make an absolutely wretched mess of things...work commitments came up for the tail end of today when I realized I had to attend the swim/dive meet in Alexandria...and the most recent snow storm on Thursday shoved a very significant conference basketball game to this afternoon.

In the journalism world, it was truly a "perfect storm" that ruined all my original plans. Can't do much about it. Now I have to look to see that the state wrestling tournament can work out for me! My fingers are crossed.



Labels: , ,