Saturday, March 15, 2014

That's RIGHT! Jaguars are state champions again!!

Humble beginnings for an incredible group of young men!!!! (4th grade photo above) Oh my, look how far they've come!!!
This couldn't happen to a nicer group of young men as the 16 Jaguars on the 2014 Class A state champions of Minnesota!!
It has been an emotional, nerve-wracking afternoon at Target Center today. After trailing through most of what you could call the "second quarter" and "third quarter" of today's game, the Jaguars boys' basketball team outscored Rushford-Peterson 13-1 in the final 6 minutes, 12 seconds of today's Class A state championship game.

When the final horn sounded and the Jaguars had their ritual mid-court pileup to celebrate, the scoreboard read B-B-E 52, R-P 40!! B-B-E wins their second state championship in three years while finishing 31-1 overall.

I'm reviewing a great deal of video and photos from the final moments of the game and the immediate post-game celebration. I wish I had a bigger computer and faster Internet access, sorry for not getting more material up by now! I got to the end of my game video clip, and I got video of the guys leaping off the bench but not of the pile up. Dang iT!!!

At 4:00 I'm following the Jaguars back out to the court at Target Center for the net-cutting ceremony!!!!!

Don't forget the welcome-home celebration at 7:00 tonight!!! At the high school!! BE THERE!



Labels: ,