Monday, November 10, 2014

The emperor has no clothes

The view of Highway 55 at 08:07, after I parked in one of the WASP driveways at.

MN-DOT was caught with their pants down this morning. At least in the close area of Glenwood, MN-DOT's plows were missing in action in the early morning hours of today. It's as if they had no idea that it was going to snow today, November 10, 2014.

Before leaving Glenwood this morning and heading to work, I noticed a Pope County snow plow was clearing the exit/entrance ramps on the Highway 28/Highway 55 interchange. My Dodge Stratus was a joke trying to get down Highway 55. Of course it's my fault for having a crappy car, but that's besides the point. By 8:30 a.m. you would think MN-DOT would have plows out, right?

Lo-and-behold, as I approached Stearns County I saw a MN-DOT plow working on the Brooten-to-Belgrade route. But west of Brooten: nothing.

And then another big whopper: Minnewaska Area schools didn't let the two-hour late calls go out until approximately 7:30 a.m.!!!! Numerous teachers were at school when the call went out. (They were pissed.)

Not cool at all.

Labels: