Sunday, March 05, 2017

(Video) Solo at choir concert

Photo from the February 23, 2017 issue of the Bonanza Valley Voice - page six.

He was one of at least five soloists who performed at the concert. I don't have the program next to me to be sure.


Monday, February 20, 2017 at the B-B-E high school auditorium:



I keep looking for a new text message from him, asking if he can come over. It takes my breath away. I am actually thinking it is a bad dream. I honestly believe that right now, and it makes me feel better.
Austin was "Mr. Scary"  in the B-B-E fall 2016 musical "Junie B. Jones"


Jaguar Country has been hit by a tragic, devastating and unexpected loss of life this weekend. Austin Young, age 16, a member of the B-B-E Class of 2019, has been taken from us in a one-truck accident south of Belgrade. Many of us are still in shock and are having trouble comprehending what unfolded on Friday night and Saturday morning.

His passing was broadcast far and wide across social media yesterday. I respected the family's wishes that everyone take a breath and wait before posting. "Pause before you post!"

The kids are grieving through differing formats of social media. I hope they take time to put their phones down, look at one another, hug one another and spend time with one another actually talking to each other, face-to-face, without the endless distractions of their devices.

That's all for now. As I said, this definitely is NOT REAL. IT'S A BAD DREAM.

**For the grieving students in our community, they are all invited to Grace Lutheran Church in Belgrade tonight (Sunday, March 5) between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. to allow some grieving to take place with one another. Austin was an active member of Grace Lutheran Church as well as the B-B-E chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Our hearts are heavy.

Labels: ,