Thursday, January 11, 2018

Re-analyzing!

Every sports season, when a team starts to really get hot - and sometimes we have teams that get red hot at B-B-E ...when that happens I re-analyze what away events I'll get to. I have an insane schedule as it is owning the newspaper, covering news and also being my own sports reporter. I gotta say - it's time to re-analyze what wrestling events I'll get to as this season heats up.

I would really, really encourage others to do whatever it takes to get on the bandwagon and follow our Jaguar wrestlers. They are having a truly incredible season!!! And the best is yet to come as far as I'm concerned!!!

Here's what I've got on my calendar, hoping to work all of this into my schedule:
  • Friday, January 12 - the Jaguars are at the Paynesville tournament (4 p.m. tomorrow)
  • Friday, January 19 - the Jaguars are at the New London-Spicer tournament, where they will try defending their title from a year ago (3:30 p.m. start)
  • Friday, January 26 - the Jaguars are at the Browerville duals (5 p.m.) where the competition will be incredibly fierce! State-ranked Minneota, Long Prairie-Grey Eagle/Browerville, Pierz and West Central Area/Ashby/Brandon-Evansville will all be there.
  • Thursday, February 1 - a home triangular with Royalton/Upsala and also WCA/A/BE once again...that will be a very, very fun night that will wrap up the regular season schedule.
Then we get to the Section 5A team tournament...the Jaguars are all but a lock to have a home night for the opening round on Tuesday, February 13. If they win their quarterfinal match that night, they will compete again at home on Friday, February 16 in the Section 5A Final Four round. This year the Jaguars host that Final Four tournament. They last hosted it in 2013 when they competed in the semifinals (a close loss to Kimball Area).

My point is: get your butt to some or all of these wrestling events!! The full schedule was printed in the November 23 issue of the Bonanza Valley Voice.

Labels: ,