Friday, April 05, 2019

Track and field opener, golf course, fish fry!

Today, the B-B-E Jaguars track and field teams will open their outdoor schedule for the 2019 season. They travel west to Minnewaska Area's high school athletic complex for a 4 p.m. meet.

Also, this is neat! The Prairie View Golf Course in Brooten is open now for walking only. They hope on Monday to have more of the course open for more activity.

To cap off the better news, the last local fish fry of the Linton season is tonight in Brooten at the KaDe Shack. As they have for two other evenings this spring season, the B-B-E Knights of Columbus will host the event from 5 to 9 p.m. tonight. I hope to see many of you there.

In other news, the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper has been inundated with questions in recent weeks about the Brooten Commercial Club's status. I just posted the latest update late last night at the Voice website...you can read that here (short link): https://bit.ly/2VpX0i2. The developments in this are far-reaching, and I'll do my best to public information public as it becomes available within my constraints of press deadlines and the weekly newspaper printing.

When you work in journalism, you don't have the luxury of always reporting positive news. You can only hope that the good outweighs the bad. Thankfully, that has been the case for me, and I hope that continues.

Labels: , ,