Thursday, November 05, 2020

Catching up

I've been buried deep in catch-up mode this week. It has been an especially intense week stretching back to last week. I had to move about one-and-a-half mountains to get the November 5 issue ready for press. It's been pretty crazy nuts! But not necessarily in a bad way. There's no better way to explain it besides using the words "crazy nuts" - example: I used my voice-to-text feature while driving home from Alexandria last Saturday after the Parkers Prairie game. I "wrote" a rough draft of my sports column Couldn't Be Prouder while "talking" to my e-mail. 

Then I managed to not edit the whole thing, and I did a very poor job at that. Anyway, here's how the last paragraph should read:
I have to commend all of our kids and the school staff for keeping your spirits up. We are so proud of each and every one of you. You are all wonderful people.

Earlier in the column, the third paragraph should have read like this:
I also know that our community is immensely proud of our teams. Our Jaguars are just super nice kids as well as super competitive and talented student-athletes. What our kids have done to fight through what we are all fighting through while keeping our school open and keeping our teams playing is truly incredible.

I did a very poor job of enunciating the column via my voice-to-text artificial intelligence on my phone. Then I managed to not clean it up with a hard edit on my computer when I had the chance. I've been moving about 100 miles an hour for the latter part of October and now into November. There's been a lot going on, and mostly good things, which should make any newspaper man happy. I'm just bothered by the fact that I've never butchered a column that badly. What made it to "press" was pretty rough.

I suppose if butchering a sports column is my biggest problem of my week - then I'm doing pretty well.

Back to tonight...I did a search for a possible live stream link for B-B-E Jaguars JV football at K-M-S and came up empty. The Jaguars and Fighting Saints play a JV game this afternoon (4:15 p.m. kickoff) at the Murdock field. It is the last game for our JV Jaguars.

*Update: my sources out of Murdock told me that K-M-S has a 6-0 lead after the first quarter.

Halftime: K-M-S 6, B-B-E 0.





Labels: