Thursday, April 01, 2021

(VIDEO) Subsection finals: overtime

For a limited time you can watch...

Here's video featuring the overtime session against Pine River-Backus nine days ago:


I was slow to the uptake and woke up my video camera too late to get the overtime tip-off.

I looked at the final Class 1A state basketball poll by Minnesota Basketball News, and I saw that Sleepy Eye St. Mary's was ranked No. 3, just one spot ahead of our Jaguars. SESM defeated the No. 5-ranked team, Mayer Lutheran, in the Class 1A state quarterfinals last night.

I expect an outstanding game next Tuesday in Minneapolis! Now we just need to pray that we get fans in the house. I see no reason whatsoever why each school couldn't have 500 fans there. Anything less than that would be full-blown insanity in a facility that can hold thousands - just in the bottom section!

It's been very interesting to read newspaper articles today featuring players on the Sleepy Eye St. Mary's team quoted as being concerned about having more fans at Target Center. That is completely ON POINT. WELL DONE. THANK YOU, KNIGHTS players. THANK YOU. Their head coach even talked about it during one recent interview.

I tip my hat to you!  



Labels: