Sunday, May 29, 2022

Five-and-O! (VIDEOS)


Every time I turn around, I've got more good news to report with our local athletic teams. This is a good "problem" for this one-person sports department!

The Elrosa Saints amateur baseball team improved to 5-0 on the season with a 10-1 win at Roscoe this afternoon. The Saints used an 18-hit attack to overpower the Rangers, while Wyatt Steffensen started and held the hosts to three hits in six innings of work to get the win. Riley Meyer got the save while holding the Rangers to one hit in three innings.

I have to get back in the garden, so I'll get more information posted here at a future time regarding the early June schedule for the Saints.

Tonight I've finally uploaded all of my senior banquet video from last Wednesday at Olson Auditorium. I want to share the video of Isaac Anderson (B-B-E Class of 2007) delivering his explanation of the Jim Anderson Scholarship, which the Anderson family presented for the first time. Jim Anderson was a lifelong farmer who graduated from Belgrade high school in 1971. He passed away unexpectedly on May 20, 2021 and left a huge hole in our community. I could write all evening while describing the positive impact he had on our local towns and our school district. We miss him dearly.


VIDEO:


I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! **Don't forget the two programs tomorrow in Brooten and Belgrade to honor our fallen veterans. These programs have been outlined on page one of the last three issues of the Bonanza Valley Voice newspapers. The Brooten American Legion program starts at 10 a.m. at Memorial Park (across Highway 55 from RJ's Mini Mart).

And here's a long video that I haven't shared yet from the Browerville baseball game on May 13. This is from action in the bottom of the sixth inning:


I hope to see many of you tomorrow in Brooten and Belgrade! Good night.



Labels: ,