Thursday, December 01, 2022

A wonderful donation opportunity


This is a great opportunity to donate to a local, worthy cause! Click on the following link to see more: https://bit.ly/3VDe6HG.

Today got chewed up by spending a few hours fixing the latest vehicle that powers the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper's ground game: a 1999 Buick LeSabre. This has replaced a vehicle that had been powering The Voice on a constant basis since August 2018: a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. That minivan was retired just shy of midnight on Saturday, August 20 after I was part of all the fun that we knew as Sedan Daze. I acquired the LeSabre from my stepson Aspen (B-B-E Class of 2019) this past summer after he upgraded to my mom's Chevy Impala. The '99 Buick did not miss a beat this entire fall...until Thanksgiving Eve. That day a brake line went out. I discovered it while parked behind my newspaper office. Crazy. Just 11 days earlier that Buick was at Xcel Energy Center, so I'm really lucky I didn't lose the brake line down there. Thanks to the help of Chris Jensen Auto Repair in Belgrade, the car is "good to go" with fully functioning brakes and a fresh oil change. It was last changed prior to the amateur state tournament trip to Dundas on August 27, almost 4,000 miles ago.

Labels: ,