Saturday, October 12, 2013

Friday Night Lights VII: Jaguars vanquish the Pioneers!



What a supremely special and amazing win!

Final score today: Jaguars 20, Pioneers 13!! Oh my goodness what a win! Have I gotten the point across? My head is still pounding after how that second half played out. It got so crazy at one point that I missed a first-down call when the Jaguars were driving in their 3rd touchdown of the second half. Austin Kollman converted to get first-and-goal at about the 4-yard line, but my adrenaline-impaired vision was so poor that I swear I saw the referee put up a "third" down signal with his hand. In fact, he signaled that it was a first dow, and the Jaguars scored two plays later with Cebulla earning the go-ahead 2-yard run with 99 seconds left in the game.

That last touchdown was set up starting with a 20-yard interception return by Brian Goodwin to about the Pierz 15-yard line.

The Jaguars have a new offensive weapon in their arsenal...it's called Brian Goodwin-to-Trey Heinsius. I'm lovin' it!! That was simply incredible to watch! It helped the team improve to 6-1 overall heading into next Wednesday's game at Eden Valley-Watkins.

**Awesome news: the 7th and 8th grade volleyball Jaguars both won conference championship titles today in Pierz! Wow! That is seriously cool to get through the day without a loss. I heard the 8th graders won every match in straight sets to top it off.

At Alexandria, the Jaguars volleyball team finished 5th out of 8 teams with a 2-2 final record. They lost 2-0 to St. Paul North in their third match and then beat Brainerd to earn 5th place.

Here's the end of the game after which I was emotionally exhausted!

I can't get more posted here until 6:30 tonight, as I have to chase to Alexandria for the second time today. This time it's not for volleyball but for the Section 6A girls' swimming and diving meet at Discovery. (Sauk, Albany, Melrose involved)

Just did a photo count...314 pictures from the game (Friday night and this afternoon) More notes, photos, etc. to follow later tonight.


Labels: , ,