Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Sub-Section Champions!!!!

What can I say? THEY LOVE THEIR TEAM!

The Jaguars boys' basketball team overcame an inspired performance by Kimball Area and came out on top 70-43 at the final buzzer in the Sub-Section 5A-South championship game. With 105 seconds left in the first half, the Cubs snuck in front 25-24 after trailing 24-21. The Jaguars played lights out defense from there on out, going on a 10-0 run and forging a 34-25 lead at halftime.

The Jaguar defense played another outstanding game, holding the Cubs to just 18 second-half points.

In the 5A-North sub-section, Browerville hammered Nevis 81-54.

I gotta get on the road. Family awaits me.

**Update: now we get a trip to Crosby-Ironton high school on Friday night with a 7:00pm tip off. I am FURIOUS about it. I am STEAMING MAD that B-B-E and Browerville have to drive 2 hours to the northeast to play one another. I have held my tongue about this type of thing long enough. No more. I am going to ruin some ADs days tomorrow morning....after I track down who's in charge of this fiasco.

Without mincing words, sending us to Crosby when a Melrose or Sauk Centre makes WAY more sense puts an extreme hardship on my family. NOTHING about this situation makes sense. It's wrong any way you cut it.

Crosby is 115+ miles from our high school, while Browerville is only 45 miles from us.

This Papa Bear is NOT happy.

Area playoff boys' basketball scores: 
NL-S 65, EV-W 43 (Wildcats trailed 22-18 with 6:15 left in the first half but led 30-24 at the break)
Melrose Area 61, Sauk Centre 45 (Uuf da, Sauk Centre's season comes to a crashing halt)


Labels: