Sunday, January 31, 2021

(HD VIDEO) Girls' basketball expands lead before halftime vs. Huskers

A good friend reminded me last night that while we all have a right to be sad, confused and even angry about the loss that Jaguar Country is currently enduring, life has to go on. And in that same spirit, I have a mountain of tasks to chew through regardless of whether I'm sad, upset or any other emotion there is.

We agreed that I need to stick to the path forward and make sure I don't neglect the job always in front of me to celebrate and promote our B-B-E Jaguars athletic program, our school and the general local community. Because of how important the Tensens are to me, and what they've done for my family over the years, this is not easy. We owe a lifetime's worth of gratitude to them. To imagine the horror of what they are experiencing is extremely difficult to process.

However, it's not a stretch of the imagination to say that, if Josey was here right now, he'd kick my butt if I spent more time being sad than I did doing my job! It would probably go down as a slap over the head, with the words, "Knock it off, you've got a job to do."  (Seriously, that's all written as a metaphor, as I know he wouldn't really slap me.) But he would want to slap us back to reality and tell us that we can't stop living.

Below, here's a video clip featuring the final minute of the first half of Thursday night's girls' basketball game against Holdingford.


This was an exciting finish to the first half, and it helped set up the B-B-E Jaguars girls' basketball team for their big conference win over the Huskers. The three-pointer by Abby Berge was a huge boost!

Next week the Jaguars travel to Eden Valley-Watkins on Tuesday night and then host Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City on Friday, February 5.

  • I dug up the video below up last night, and I'll probably repost it again later this week. Here's a video clip from Week III of the 2014 football season...Friday, September 12.


I didn't check the timeline to see what the score was. But this was a huge possession for Kimball Area, who was trying to convert a fourth-and-seven play. Josey Tensen, then a senior, earned a huge knock down of a deep pass to the right flats. The Jaguars won that game by a 14-6 score after trailing 6-0 at halftime. The second half was a nail-biter! I'll never forget that game.

I've used the Venmo app to make a donation to the Tensen family. Hopefully you've had a chance to give it a whirl. Once I hear more on how that donation drive is going, I'll post an update.

The Venmo handle to use is: @TimSuzyTensen.




Labels: ,