Saturday, January 01, 2022

Happy New Year (VIDEO)


To everyone in Jaguar Country, and to those near and far who support those of us living here, Happy New Year!

According to our governor, we live in the land of Rocks and Cows, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Announcement: worship services for Trinity Lutheran and West Lake Johanna Lutheran churches of Brooten have been cancelled for January 2 (tomorrow) due to the bitterly cold weather we are currently experiencing. Remember to add extra to the offering plate when you attend worship on January 9!

Heres's a video with the Christmas weekend worship at West Lake Johanna Lutheran church on Sunday, December 26:


The reading of the lessons by Sam Sanders begins at about the 4:00 mark. Just past the 7:00 mark, Interim Pastor Gary Mills begins reading the Holy Gospel. Right around the 9:00 mark, Pastor Mills begins his sermon.

My very first day of 2022 has been a super busy one. I have added more information on my latest Bonanza Valley Voice COVID-19 article that includes local zip code information. You can find that by clicking on this short link: https://bit.ly/3qz6A2Q. Unfortunately, just as I see calm on the horizon, when I see a chance for me to find peace and time to relax, I learn more troubling information on Governor Walz and his minions. It continues to be deeply disturbing. I can give one positive comment about him: he has the sense to realize if he re-enacted his emergency powers and tried forcing masks on school children across the state, it would not go well for him. We can all be grateful that he sees the huge risks involved with such a move.

Labels: , , ,