Monday, December 12, 2022

Grades 6-12 Christmas concert is tonight! (VIDEO)


The action starts at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Olson Auditorium in the high school.

UPDATE: that was a marvelous concert!! I think the best part was when band director Sean Biehn asked his senior high band members to stand up when he called out each student's activity...as in, the robotics kids, the track and field kids, the speech kids, the musical kids, the tennis kids, etc...there were numerous kids standing up for multiple activities. We are BLESSED with amazing kids here in Jaguar Country!

I doubt I will get to look at or upload any of my concert video until Wednesday. Right now I have the weight of the world on me as I am working on a 16-page newspaper issue. I am in a marathon right now and have to keep my eyes on the prize.

**OKAY! That concert was TOO good to resist looking at video...seriously...here's a clip from the senior high choir performance:


The choir was singing Underneath The Tree which is a popular modern Christmas song most recently made popular by Kelly Clarkson.

I also ESPECIALLY enjoyed the solos by Aidan Johnson and Samantha Baker with the senior high band. The Christmas caroling and final songs performed by the band were outstanding!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU to directors Kathryn Freeman and Sean Biehn!!! We will all work together and PUT OUR BACKS INTO building up our music program! The work continues.

On a downer note...I am not feeling good about the odds that we'll have a home girls' basketball game tomorrow night. The forecast looks truly awful. We'll see how it all pans out. As much as we want to live in denial, the fact of the matter is the 3 to 5 inches of snow that we're predicted to get will not bode well for any type of rural traveling.



Labels: , ,