Tuesday, April 04, 2023

A list to be thankful for


Here's where I'll post things I've been thankful for lately.

I didn't get this filled out last night. Here's a start.

1. We have a thriving local business community. It is necessary to have that while operating a small newspaper. 

2. The ability to walk to my office everyday if I choose to. Generally I try to do that unless the streets are very icy.

3. Being able to send our children to a school that features kind, caring and hardworking staff (ALL staff! Top to bottom!). We are blessed to have staff in our school who we can trust. This is not something you can assume at every school in America.

4. The hope we have with spring coming and soon the ability for me to get into our family garden.

5. Working, functioning printers in my office! I spent about 2 weeks of misery trying to fix and then upgrade my office printers. To fulfill administrative paperwork, just about every small business out there needs to regularly print paperwork out. This newspaper is no different. It was a hard crash and burn until I got two different printers online: one is brand new and the other is a 15-year old LaserJet. The 15-year old LaserJet replaces a LaserJet printer that is nearly 22 years old. That oldest printer is still mechanically sound, but I can't find proper drivers for it to continue talking to my computers. (GRRRRR!)