Monday, April 10, 2023

Let's get spring sports rolling!


We have more waiting to do before spring sports can get rolling. This week will move us a lot closer to the point where we can see our Jaguars in action at track and field stadiums, the golf courses and the baseball and fastpitch softball diamonds.

Just for the heck of it I went back in my video archives and located this video that is almost nine years old. It features members of the B-B-E Jaguars track and field teams at the Section 5A meet at Clemens Stadium in Collegeville. From what I could tell, I saw Taylor Gregory in a high jump attempt, Kinlee Swanson in a long jump attempt, Colby Schramel in the pole vault and Sidney Shacter in the discus throw.

VIDEO from 2014:


*Here's an archive video from April of 2012:


Daniel Rooney was a senior that spring.

I am not optimistic that we will see a track and field meet this Thursday at Benson. Although we have high temperatures this week, I doubt it will be enough to firm up the football stadium at Benson high school.



Labels: ,