Wednesday, October 04, 2023

B-B-E Homecoming Day 3! Color FUND run...and another sports show (VIDEOS)


The third day of B-B-E's 35th Homecoming week is almost complete, and what a day it was! I still have to clean up, so I'll write more here after that.

Here's the start of the 10th-12th grade race in today's Color Run:


I am grateful for all the community support for B-B-E's Color Run. Our children benefit tremendously by being part of the activities of B-B-E schools, and the Color Run also supports many academic-related expenditures throughout the year. I always marvel at the participation and enthusiasm from our students for the Color Run. Today was no different. The students had so much fun! This is a central part of what makes it such a huge success year after year! This is the first time that I can remember when I ran through most of the race twice. I thought about a third trip, but I made a wise decision not to!

Altogether, the Color Run and the Powder Puff flag football game were worth roughly 10,000 steps!!! This was in a span of under three hours. That was truly FUN!!! By the end of my day, I topped out at over 15,100 steps...just before the Color Run, I was at 3,000 steps. After running some quick math, that works out to about 7 miles.

I limped through multiple cameras going down with dead batteries throughout the Color Run after I over-estimated where my batteries were at today. Wednesdays are generally a stressful day coming off of my Tuesday, as across these two days of the week, the newspaper goes from ideas in my head and photos on my cameras to an actual newspaper that is printed on Wednesday mornings. Stress, stress and more stress! I was fortunate to be able to arrive to the stadium just in time for the first race to begin, featured in the video above. The upside to all that is that I will more than make sure this won't happen on Friday, which will include what should be a rousing pep fest, the tailgating party, pep band and the football game. With all the technical issues to overcome today, my equipment all survived intact, and just as important, I came out of it without injuries. A mildly sore right hamstring that's been bugging me for the past week seems completely healed. All I need to focus on now is some Pep Band music practice, some light workouts and then gear up for the big Homecoming football game on Friday night! It's just over 46 hours away...and I learned tonight that our football team is now ranked No. 9 in the latest state polls. Awesome!

Speaking of football...today's Homecoming Powder Puff flag football game between girls in the classes of 2024 and 2025 was a good one! The seniors came out on top by a score of 86-75 by my count. It was a well-played game with few bruised egos to speak of!

Here's my fourth sports show of this fall season...this one focusing on today's Color Run:


To satisfy my curiosity, I took a couple minutes tonight after I recorded that sports show and came up with the total number of team state tournaments that the B-B-E Jaguars have competed in. That total is 21!!!!! Yes, we've had 21 teams in state tournaments across all sports at B-B-E, starting with the 2005 volleyball team that won the Section 6AA title. I have watched 18 of the 20 teams at state. I was unable to attend the 2022 or 2023 boys' state golf meets in Becker and the 2019 girls' state golf meet in Jordan. Those state tournaments are held on Tuesday and Wednesday of the week, which makes it absolutely brutal to be a part of as a newspaper owner.

Also! I confirmed my big mistake in this week's newspaper. I looked in the 2001 B-B-E yearbook and saw that the crownbearers and flower girls mentioned in the newspaper from October 1989 were in fact graduates of B-B-E in 2001 and not in 2002. Ah, the little details that you can easily slip up on. I got Nicole Breitbach mixed up with Mikayla Breitbach in my mind. I knew one of those girls was a 2002 graduate, and the 2002 graduate in that Elrosa family was Mikayla.

If you missed the Homecoming coronation program on Monday, you can click over to the Bonanza Valley Voice website and watch the crowning: https://tinyurl.com/jy5nnbjd. B-B-E's Homecoming fun continues with a hamburger grill out tomorrow during lunch for the 6th-12th grade students.

The latest high school football state rankings have been released, and our Jaguars come in at No. 9 in Class 1A. One upcoming opponent is also undefeated and sitting at No. 10 in the Class 2A poll: Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg. Upsala/Swanville Area, who was ranked No. 9 last week, fell to 14th overall.

**With my trip to Fargo on Thursday night, the next blog post won't be up until after 10 p.m.

The volleyball team won in five sets over Maple Lake. A new blog post will be added on Friday morning. Good night! 




Labels: , ,