Sunday, August 04, 2024

Saints bow out of Region 15C tournament


The Farming Flames came up big in the top of the sixth inning when they plated three runs on a successful suicide squeeze attempt today against the Elrosa Saints. The two amateur baseball teams were vying in an elimination game of the Region 15C tournament at Watkins. The three runs erased a 2-1 Elrosa lead, and the 4-2 lead held up as the Saints saw their season come to a close.

The Saints out-hit the Flames by a wide 11 to 4 margin, but three errors plus 11 stranded baserunners ultimately led to their demise. Payton VanBeck pitched an incredible complete game with 16 strikeouts. I'll update this blog post after I receive the official box score.

Elrosa finishes the season 14-9 overall with a youth-filled lineup. They won the Elite 8 tournament title for the third straight year as well as the Stearns County League North playoff title.

The county fairs for Pope County and Stearns County both conclude today. I've got two videos from Friday at the Stearns County Fair posted at the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper website: https://shorturl.at/ZV0c7.

Sunday night update...
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Terrace this morning to take in the Chippewa Falls Lutheran church's 150th anniversary worship service. I am getting my 1.54 gigabyte video uploaded tonight from the service. The organizers did a really fantastic job. I am proud of all our area churches! Look for extended coverage of their 150th anniversary worship in the August 8 and possibly August 15 issues of the Bonanza Valley Voice newspaper.

It looks like we are set to get another big shot of rain across the next 24 hours. Crazy! This is not a typical time of the year to receive ample rainfall. I know my garden is not complaining about it.



Labels: , , , , ,