Monday, February 12, 2007

**Urgent Update for B-B-E -- RE: Public Input Meeting at the High School Tuesday Night (Feb 13)

While I was in St.Cloud for a work-related meeting tonight, I completely overlooked spreading the word about encouraging the public to attend Monday night's public input meeting for the B-B-E school board at the elementary school. I dropped the ball.

I realize many probably already knew and attended it anyways. I wanted to make this post to point out there will be another public input meeting Tuesday night (Feb 13) at the High School's library at 7:30pm.

This website is not a sounding board for me to influence the debate on what happens at B-B-E, but I will step out and give my 2 cents and then hit the "publish" button at the bottom of my screen.

Our school's first mission is to give a first-rate academic experience to our students, and by most measures B-B-E is doing a very good job here. Our extra-curricular activities bolster and support that academic experience and make B-B-E an attractive school for area residents.

Public input must be given in order for our school board to set our budget priorities at the proper levels. The world is run by those who show up.

An important school board meeting will take place on Monday, February 26 to continue the discussion of budget cuts at B-B-E. Stay tuned to your local newspaper for continued coverage of this important discussion.