Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Another issue near and dear to my heart...ethanol

Well, folks, it appears that President Obama has been re-elected. I'm going to share a commentary given on the Agri News Facebook news feed regarding ethanol.

Statement from Bob Dinneen, President and CEO of the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA):

“U.S. ethanol producers across this nation congratulate President Obama. Despite the many differences between the candidates and their political supporters, both candidates agreed energy independence was an important national goal. We are pleased that both candidates publicly supported the Renewable Fuel Standard based on its proven success. Ethanol has already helped reduce U.S. imports from Persian Gulf oil by 25% since 2000. We are very proud of the 400,000 American jobs we support across the economy. This is just the beginning of what biofuels can accomplish and we stand ready and eager to work with President Obama to expand the market for biofuels and bring the next generation online.“
I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that many of the fine people who click across this sports blog are both opposed to ethanol. I'll be very clear, I've got farming in my blood, I was raised on a farm, I have been a farmer, and I support farmers the whole way. I support the fine work of John Mages, Elrosa-area farmer, who is president of the Minnesota Corn Growers Association and has spent countless hours in the last year or more promoting the ethanol industry.

Labels: